Online training Brief Eclectic Psychotherapy for PTSD
2-days online training for international mental health professionals who want to know more about this treatment
BEPP is a psychological treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTDSD). BEPP distinguishes itself from other trauma-focused treatments in its focus on intense emotions related to trauma and in its meaning making of the associated terrifying experiences.
BEPP has been included in several international guidelines as an effective treatment for PTSD and is recommended by the American Psychological Association (APA) and the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS).
In BEPP, active elements from different psychotherapy disciplines have been brought together (cognitive behaverial therapy / grief therapy / psychodynamic psychotherapy). That's why the name eclectic psychotherapy has beeen chosen.
During the training participants will become familiar with all five elements of the BEPP protocol:
- imaginal exposure to the traumatic event
- writing assignments
- the domain of meaning and integration
- the farewell ritual
The course consists of two days of consecutive training. This online version gives you a solid introduction to this specific treatment for PTSD. Theoretical introductions will be alternated with practical case demonstrations (videos), roleplaying and personal exercises. This will help to understand and fine-tune the treatment when applying the protocol. There will also be space for discussion and for sharing experiences with own clients and ideas.
Objectives of the course
- understand the framework of the BEPP
- understand and become familiarized with the different modules of the treatment-protocol
It is recommended to organize supervisions afterwards. ARQ Academy and the ARQ professionals can help you with this.
The BEPP training course has been developed for international mental health professionals working with clients who have experienced traumatic events and who want to know more about the nature of this treatment.
- prof. Berthold Gersons, PhD | founder of BEPP
- Mirjam Mink-Nijdam, PhD
- Jannetta Bos, MSc
- Protocol ‘Brief eclectic psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder’, English version (2011).
- Gersons, B.P.R., Nijdam, M.J., Smid, G.E., & Meewisse, M.L. (2020). Brief Eclectic Psychotherapy for PTSD. In L.F. Bufka, C.V. Wright, & R.W. Halfond (Eds), Casebook to the APA Clinical Practice Guideline for the treatment of PTSD. American Psychological Association
ARQ Academy will provide a certificate for this 2 day online training. This does not equal the (Dutch) accreditation.
No dates scheduled yet.
With regard to the time the training will be given, the time zones of the participants are taken into account as much as possible.
€ 600,- per participant
Do you want to participate in this training? Please send a mail to email@example.com.